Saturday 16 June 2018

Workshop and painted fabrics

The song I got on repeat well writing today's blog is Move Like Jagger, by Maroon 5 and Cristina Aguilera. It one of the songs that will always get me up to dance and sing along to at any party.  I just in a 'I want to have fun.' Sort of mood.

Today I went to the crucible theatre, as I had a workshop that I wanted to attend, through Sheffield People Theatre. It was called How to be you with a theatre maker/Director called Phyche Stott. It was about just going into a job interview, or a Audition, and stop worrying as they are not asking you to be perfect. They expect to make mistake we are human. It just have fun and be yourself.

We had this activity where we had to walk around the room and do a bunch of stuff when Phyche Stott says. Go/walk, stop/stop, Clap/clap, Jump/Jump. Then we swapped them around, so go is stop, stop is walk, clap is jump and then Jump is clap. Which made a lot harder before we was all in synchronization. When it was mixed we was a mess and we all agreed it was a lot more stressful as we had to think more.

Then we did a task after we was told it OK to mess up. We had to walk around and when a number was called we had to get into that amount of people. It was a lot more pressure off our shoulder.

We did other activities like we was in pairs and we all had the same three lines.

A: tea or coffee?
B: Coffee please
A:Milk?
B: yes please
A:Sugar?
B:No thanks

And from that we had to create a screen where we have create a relationship and what happening. It interesting how such simple lines be side in so many ways.

Now this lasted three hours. 10-1 and right after I rushed up to Painted fabrics Saturday rehearsal, which started at 1. I was about half an hour late. They know I was going to be half an hour late as I told them before hand. Thankfully there was doing a vocal warm up I already know, so I could easily go into it as I was walking into the circle. Then for the rest of the rehearsal, we was talking about the whole ongoing love story that link the history of Painted fabrics. It going to be a moving show. So if you want to come to see it. Bring tissues.

Anyway got to go.

Goodnight everybody

Love you

Zanny xx

No comments:

Post a Comment