Thursday 19 July 2018

Songs of the seven hills

Sorry for no post last night. I had another early morning. Yesterday I sang again for crisis skylight member celebration, but in Doncaster, so I had to get a train up to Doncaster, in time to warm my voice up and have a run through of the songs. It was a good celebration.

Afterwards I got the train back to Sheffield, and killed time in town. Had dinner and had a look round shops, mainly window shopping. As I didn't have time to go home. Before I went to the crucible theatre for a show.

I went to see a brand new show called Songs of the Seven Hills, best on stories based on the life of people living in Sheffield. These are based on really life stories, and wow, just wow. These story are just empowering. As the main characters thought they didn't have a voice because they had people saying. No. However they learnt not to take no for a answer. All the cast was amazing, none of them are trained Actors or singers, they just members of the Sheffield people theatres.

One of the characters called Georgina. They sang a song about how they view a body as a home, and that people should be allowed to do what they want to do to feel comfy in it. For them it changing their body from male to female. Even if that means loosing her family. The lyrics hit me, the whole people shouldn't tell you how to look, or that you need to stop moaning, cause at the and of the day you have to live in your body for you whole life and you should be comfortable in it.

Me and a group of friends went to see it to support our friend who plays a mean councillor, who married to a vicar. He was amazing. We all cheered for him when he greater us at the bar as it was Press night we all celebrated with a drink but at 11 I went home and chilled out for a bit before going to bed.

I was so happy that I had a chance to just sleep without worrying about getting up early because I slept for England, I probably slept for the whole of the UK. Still tried, but if I didn't get up I wouldn't sleep tonight so it a loose, loose situation. Then again I don't have to get up early tomorrow either. So yeah.

Anyway I wish see you all soon.

Goodnight everybody

Love you

Zanny xx

No comments:

Post a Comment